Thursday, June 22, 2006

Some links added

Spent a few days playing around but finally figured out how to add links. I've added three for your enjoyment and edification.

Wet Canvas is a huge art website. Once you get into the site, you can find a very active plein air forum under the "Artwork from Life" heading.

Then I added two blogs--I think you'll enjoy them both. Frank Edwards lives in Canada and writes "A Brush with Life". His paintings are among my favorites--full of color and great brushwork. Linda Blondheim shares not only her paintings but also words of wisdom gained from a lifetime of supporting herself and daughters by painting. She lives in Florida and our own Doug Brown had the pleasure of painting with her a couple of years ago when he was on vacation.

1 comment:

Rodrica Tilley said...

I love Frank Edwards work, too.

Does anyone get Elin Pendleton's daily painting from California? She has been doing a daily painting for almost a year now. Many are small...some are not too exciting. I love the discipline and commitment she has shown to making art everyday...despite a full and busy life, through her mother's death. She specializes in horses and that is where her passion shines through. I also likes the way she is able to always find something meaningful to say about each day's paintings. Some she sells on ebay...other go to shows.