Monday, September 22, 2008

Splitting Wood



We needed to spend time cutting and splitting wood since winter is coming, but I am unable to help with that task as I am still recovering from surgery. But I went along and while my husband, daughter, and son-in-law were cutting, splitting, and loading wood, I sat in a chair and did two watercolors.

I'm not too skilled in watercolor (think maybe I should take some lessons) but it was a beautiful day and I was delighted to be out. So I did one painting of the hay field across the street from our property and another of the large wetland on the neighboring land. We didn't see it this time but we have seen an eagle flying over this wetland in the past.

4 comments:

Rodrica Tilley said...

Glad to see you out in the field. I think the 2 watercolors are fresh and free. Very nice. Happy to see you were able to take advantage of a "bad" thing and turn it into two "good" paintings and also to totally avoid backbreaking labor.

Phyllis said...

Thanks. Was a productive day--came home with two watercolors and four pickup loads of firewood.

laura said...

I think these watercolors are very nicely done--light and un-fussy and unself-conscious: just what a watercolor should be (in my humble opinion).

Phyllis said...

Thank you.